Why Are We Southern Baptists?
"...we gladly associate ourselves with three important groups of churches for the purpose of reaching more people for Christ and starting even more churches."
The Southern Baptist Convention is made up of about 45,000 churches and about 16 million members. It is the largest association of Christian churches in America. SBC churches include every race, nationality and ethnic group. Each Sunday, services are held in over 110 language groups. Also, it is one of the fastest growing groups. The SBC baptizes over 1,000 new Christians a day in the U.S., and begins nearly 5 new churches a day.
The North Carolina State Baptist Convention is made up of over 4000
churches all over the state of North Carolina. We have committed to work together to impact our state for Christ. On any given Sunday, worship services are held in various
Union Baptist Association is made up of other Baptist churches in our area who desire to reach more people and start more churches. There are currently over 80 churches in this association. In the past 15 years we have seen over 30 new church starts in our association.
Why not just be an independent church? We are an independent church! Every
SBC church is completely independent. We voluntarily affiliate ourselves for accomplishing the Great Commission. There is no denominational control or hierarchy, as there is in most other
denominations. Each church is self-governed and determines its own affairs. For example:
- Every SBC church chooses its own pastor.
- Every SBC church owns its own buildings and assets.
- Every SBC church determines its own programs.
What are the advantages of affiliating with the SBC?
- It allows us to identify ourselves with other Christians around the world who are known for their commitment to the Bible. Unlike other groups, the SBC has no man-made creed...the Bible is our sole authority.
- It allows our church to participate in the largest missionary organization in the world--The International Mission Board and The North American Mission Board. Through the SBC's "Cooperative Program," we help support over 9,000 career missionaries in 125 countries.
- It allows us to be part of a tremendous mobilization of church members around the country. About 100,000 Southern Baptist each year participate in short-term mission and disaster relief projects, at home and abroad.
- It allows us to be part of training pastors, church planters, and missionaries. Through our six seminaries, about 12,000 people called to vocational ministry are trained with academic excellence. We do this without calling into question the inerrancy of God's Word or sacrificing a passion to share the Gospel with the world.
- It allows us to be part of Lifeway Christian Resources. Southern Baptists have direct access and oversight of the largest publisher of religious materials in the world. Resources are distributed by Lifeway into over 70 countries around the world."
Ebenezer Baptist Church
1417 Unionville Indian Trail Rd W
Indian Trail, NC 28079
Phone: 704 289-2632
Or use our contact form.
Worship/Bible Study Times and Office Hours
- Sunday AM--10:30
- Corporate Worship
- Children Church
- Sunday PM--6:00
- Adult Worship
- Youth Worship
Bible Study Times
- Sunday AM--9:30
- Age Graded and Gender Oriented
- Wednesday PM-7:00